fashion n beauty addict

A diary of anything about beauty and fashion related stuffs that I love. A place to share on new findings on bag and shoes, on make-up and skin care, on accessories and clothes. A blog that I can freely reveal my opinion on current style and trend.

Thursday, January 18, 2007

How BIG is your handbag?

As recently, big bag (or oversized bag) become more trendy, health experts warn that it can be a key serious problem.

Quoted from reuters:
Bags for women have become bigger and heavier as designers combine briefcases with handbags and straps have become longer but the extra leverage has many patients complaining of neck, shoulder and back problems.
"I see so many women with neck pains and headaches and what I usually do is look for their purse and pick it up," said Jane Sadler, a family practice physician on the medical staff at Baylor Medical Center in Garland, Texas.

"We take it over to the scale and weigh it and usually they're anywhere from 7 to 10 pounds (3.1-4.5 kgs)...We're really going to see women with more and more problems later on if we continue the big purse craze."
William Case, a physical therapist in private practice in Houston, Texas, said an aggravated neck or shoulder can lead to upper back problems, meaning pain may then be felt while working at a computer or playing sports.
He urged designers "to place a cute, educational caution tag on all bags to inform of potential neck and shoulder dangers."
Above all, he recommended correct posture while carrying bulky purses, keeping the head and shoulders aligned upright. Patients should also frequently change the size and weight of purses carried.

That's one of my reasons of why I am gonna sell my YSL Muse which I bought just a couple of months ago:


Actually the main reason is, I am bored...I am liking another bag...:) bad habit!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home